Israel says Hamas rejected cease-fire proposal after Iran attack

Apr14,2024



Israel said Hamas latest was rejected stop fire Mediators' proposal, as tensions escalate iranOvernight the attack against the Jewish State was mostly foiled.
Iran-backed militant group Hamas has rejected the outline presented by mediators. MossadIsraeli external-intelligence agency.
Although the Mossad did not directly say that Iran's drone and missile attacks on Israel were to blame, it did say that Yahya Sinwar, the leader of Hamas in Gaza, “continues to take advantage of tensions with Iran” and “Humanitarian compromise and do not want the return” of hostages.
The statement from the Mossad, which is leading Israel's negotiations with Hamas, was published by the office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. It said that Israel has shown a lot of flexibility in the talks.
They are being brokered by America, Qatar and Egypt.
The disappointment contrasts with Israeli officials' statement last week that progress had been made in negotiations for a ceasefire in Gaza that would include the release of hostages and Palestinian prisoners held by Hamas.
Foreign Minister Israel Katz then said that talks had reached a critical point and that he was “more optimistic than I am.”
The Israel–Hamas war began when the group's fighters attacked southern Israel on October 7, killing 1,200 and abducting about 250. Israel's retaliatory strikes on Gaza have killed more than 33,000 people, according to the Hamas-run health ministry.
About half the hostages were released during a week-long pause in the fighting that ended on 1 December. It is unclear how many of the remaining 130 or so detainees are still alive.
Hamas has been designated a terrorist organization by the US, the European Union and others.



Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *