This program provides financial assistance to selected individuals to pursue Master and PhD programs abroad in institutions recognized by the government or authorized body of the respective country. Each year, approximately 125 new scholarships are awarded depending on the availability of funds.
Note: 30% of the awards each year will be earmarked for women candidates.
NOS portal will be open for the period of 45 days from 15-02-2024 till 31-03-2024 (midnight) for submission of online applications through the portal.
- Applicants who have received an offer of admission from one of the top 500 ranked international institutions or universities as per the latest QS Ranking for 2023 will be considered for scholarships in the preliminary selection round.
- To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must have obtained at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in their previous qualifying examination. PHD. For. programs, the qualifying examination is the master's degree, while for master's degree programs, it is the bachelor's degree.
- The combined income of the entire family from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8.00 lakh per year in the last financial year.
Applicants should not be more than 35 years of age as on the 1st day of April for the selection year.
- Only those applicants who have provided their Aadhaar card details and have received a firm offer of admission from any of the foreign institutions or universities listed in the top 500 ranking for the academic session commencing 2023-24 are eligible to apply for the scholarship to study Will be eligible for consideration. in that institution or university, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements of the programme.
- The selection process will consist of two rounds. In each round, a merit list will be prepared based on the ranks of foreign universities or institutions from where candidates have received offers of admission, as per the latest QS rankings. Scholarship will be awarded as per this merit list.
Award period with financial aid
Financial assistance will be given for the period of the approved course or research, or till the end of the specified period, whichever is earlier.
PHD. – 04 years (four years)
Graduate degree – 03 years (three years)